How should I take care of my tattoo?
Our job is done, now it’s your turn… Not looking after your tattoo properly may result in loss of quality, so you should follow these instructions carefully. Do not listen to your friends and people in bars who think they have a better idea!
- Remove bandage in 2 to 4 hours.
- Wash tattoo carefully with warm water and mild soap.
- Pat Dry.
- Apply a thin layer of lotion after a few hours and then twice a day for about a week or until the skin is no longer dry.
- A good lotion to use is Lubriderm.
- Don’t use fancy creams, hippy potions, or perfumed lotions.
- You do not need antibiotic creme.
- Showers are fine. Baths, swimming, and sauna are out until the tattoo is healed
- No sun or tanning until the tattoo is completely healed.
- Sunburn on a fresh tattoo can cause severe irritation and allergy.
- Do not pick, scratch, or ‘help’ the scab to come off.
- If you have any questions please call the person who did your tattoo.